Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Andy Warhol Museum

Next thing I didn't know about Pittsburgh: it's the birthplace of pop-art icon Andy Warhol and home to a 7 story museum featuring a huge collection of his work.  Fun fact: it's the largest museum in the North America dedicated to a single artist.  I've been a fan since my college days!










The boys were not as thrilled with the paintings but had fun posing on the famous red couch from The Factory.  They thoroughly enjoyed playing in the Silver Cloud installation, and they couldn't have been more excited about the movie projected on the wall showing a guy wiggling his butt and then doing something around there with a pickle.  Oh, they'll remember that one for a long, long time.





Personally, cow 11 has always been one of my favorites.  I can't even remember how many years I had that poster hanging up in my dorm rooms and apartments, or how long I had a t-shirt with that image before it was worn to shreds.


No comments: