Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Defying Gravity

The first time I saw Wicked was when Brent and I went to London for my 40th birthday (that would be before kid and before blogging LOL), and I was instantly taken with it.  It ranks incredibly high among my favorite Broadway shows.  Fast forward almost 10 years later and I not only get to see it again, but this time it's in my hometown and now I can introduce my son to it!

This is actually now our 3rd year in a row seeing a show at the Kennedy Center during the holiday season (last year was Matilda).  Tickets to a show are a great present for people that don't want or need more stuff, like my parents.  The production was fantastic!  We even had the understudy for Glinda, and she was phenomenal!  The only thing JT didn't like was those flying monkeys, just like in the Wizard of Oz.  His favorite was when Elphaba took to the sky in Defying Gravity - like father, like son.  "As someone told me lately, everyone deserves the chance to fly!"









No comments: