Saturday, December 31, 2016

Press on

I baked so very little this holiday season :(  For sure I was always busy cooking and baking for various parties and functions, but I had virtually no time to devote toward making the annual cookie gift boxes that our friends, neighbors and coworkers have come to love and expect.  There's always next year (?).

I did crank out a few batches of my chewy ginger cookies as well as 1 batch of cake pops.  When I found the time to squeeze in just one more thing at the last minute, I knew I had to make something out of this cookie Advent calendar that sweet 8 year old Benjamin bought for me when he was out shopping with his mom, Maia.  I had recently come across a box with my mom's old (and I mean old) cookie press (complete with instructions and recipes my mom had used!) so I chose the recipe for Spritz cookies.  It took a few tries to get the hang of it, but the cookie press still works perfectly and they turned out alright!





No comments: