Saturday, September 17, 2016

Cadillac Sunrise

I know I've been dragging this out long enough, but this is (finally!) the final post of our road trip to Acadia National Park.  I felt like I had to experience the much talked about sunrise on Cadillac Mountain, which at 1,530 feet is the highest point along the North Atlantic seaboard and the first place to view sunrise in the United States.  So I set the alarm on our last day in Maine at some ungodly hour to make sure I was at the summit well before the 5:42am sunrise. 








And it was lovely.

But since neither Brent nor Joseph thought it sane or worthwhile, I took it all in on my own - except for the hundreds of other people that wanted to check it out too, like this adorable little couple sitting in front of me.  Truth is, it was a little overrated, and I have realized I am more of a sunset person.


All that's left to say is, farewell Maine, I heart you, and you "rock!"



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carl , I would have gone with you. It was beautiful!! Mimi