Thursday, August 25, 2016

4th Grade!




I am still not over the fact that school starts so early around here.  August 22nd should still be summer break!!!  Friends in MD and VA still get another week of vacation while in DC we're hitting the books already.

As with last year, I cheated and took the above pictures on the 2nd day of school since I have to be at work at 7am on Mondays.  I was sad to have to leave the house before Joseph was even awake on his first day of 4th grade, but at least I got this cute pic from Brent.


This is how I imagine what 4th grade is going to be like.  This was just writing 2 (seriously, only two) thank you notes for his birthday presents.  He could not think of a single thing to say.  Writing is most definitely not his thing, and there's an awful lot of it this year.


Things certainly did not get off to a great start when he lost his brand new binder with all of its contents on the second day of school.  We searched everywhere but couldn't find it.  Luckily it did manage to turn up the next day.  In his own desk.  Where he left it.

No comments: