Sunday, June 26, 2016

Father's Day 2016

Still trying to catch up on posts here!  School ended on Friday, and on Saturday morning we hit the road for a quick trip up to Jersey to spend Father's Day with my dad.  Mom ordered us a little hoagie from her favorite place for lunch - good thing we decided to share!  It was a nice afternoon for Joseph just hanging out with his grandparents and uncle Pauly.  Dad grilled up some steaks for dinner, and Mom made sure we were all acknowledged with a "Fudgie the Whale" cake from Carvel Ice Cream - a NJ tradition!






On Sunday morning mom treated all of us fathers to breakfast at the Ewing Diner before we headed home.  Why don't we have awesome places like this in DC?!?!  I love all the family photos we took on this special weekend together.  It looks like Joseph is going to be as tall as Grammy soon enough.  Speaking of height, I've never considered myself a particularly tall person at 5' 10", but does anyone notice that my head is cut off in more than one picture in this post???  I can only imagine what it's going to be like when Joseph is taller than me!










No comments: