Sunday, March 27, 2016

Will Bike For Blossoms

It's everyone's favorite time of year in DC, when all the cherry blossom trees around the Tidal Basin are in bloom!  This year they peaked so much earlier than expected due to some unusually warmer weather.  We had to miss them last year due to our Spring Break travel plans, and had they peaked when predicted, the same would have happened this year too.

Knowing how horrible traffic can be, I thought I'd try biking downtown this year, and it was awesome!  I figured it would also be a good workout instead of my usual trip to the gym after dropping JT off at school.  I got rock star parking where the Capital Crescent Trail ends near Georgetown and set out on 2 wheels from there.  The weather couldn't have been more cooperative.  It was a gorgeous route along the Potomac River and I was among the mass of tourists in only minutes.  I really hope we can do this as a family next year!








Here's a few of my favorite pictures with a little help from some Instagram filters.



Turns out there wasn't much exercise involved in my outing, so I threw in a little run along the Georgetown waterfront before heading back home.  Something I've always wanted to do!  It's just about a 5K from the Key Bridge to the Memorial Bridge and back.  I wish I could figure out a way to run just one way and have someone pick me up and drive me home at the end :)

No comments: