Friday, March 25, 2016

Cupcakes for Papa

Brent requested coconut cupcakes for his birthday this year.  I finally broke out the Cupcake Diaries, the cookbook from our local phenomenon, Georgetown Cupcakes, and gave their version a go instead of the recipe I usually use from the Barefoot Contessa.  I baked the cupcakes in the morning, and then Joseph pretty much took care of the frosting and decorating on his own after school.





Let me tell you, these cupcakes are phenomenal!




Looking great at 48!
Happy Birthday, Brent!


Now please excuse me while I go try out every other recipe from this book!  Had he not been specific about what he wanted, I would have chosen the Salted Caramel cupcakes.  Or Cookies & Cream.  Or Thin Mint.  Or maybe Cherry Blossom would have been appropriate!  So many cupcakes, so little time.

No comments: