Sunday, January 31, 2016

Snowzilla: Fun for Everyone!

Shoveling aside, who doesn't love a few good snow days?!  (Truth be told, shoveling was a great workout every day since I couldn't get to the gym).   Since the storm hit over the weekend, we only missed 2 days of school in DC (while schools in MD and VA were off the whole week!), but there were ample opportunities to have fun in the snow.  Joseph and his friends complained so much about having to trudge the 6 or 7 blocks to Fort Bayard to sled, but after one run, they realized it was all worth it.



There was no stopping me from having a go at it, even though I was paranoid about breaking my ankle again in some freak accident.  Seriously, so. much. fun!



I love this picture a friend took! Looks like I have 3 legs, but it's just JT sitting behind me.  Immediately became my new Facebook profile pic :)


And I was the only adult in on the action!


Inexplicably there was one block in our neighborhood that didn't get plowed even once, which we passed on our way to the park.  Crazy!  After a hard day's work shoveling out our cars, sledding was a perfect way to spend the afternoon, and the sun set beautifully to end a lovely weekend.  But school was naturally canceled on Monday, so we had a few boys for a sleepover, and I made them a special breakfast the next morning before I figured out how to get myself off to work.




Luckily I'm off on Tuesdays since school was cancelled again.  Joseph and Ben got to have a snowball fight and play around in our back yard for one last hurrah.









Lastly, here's a scene from the produce department of our local Whole Foods after the weekend.  Pickings were pretty slim!


No comments: