Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Holiday Baking

Tradition and I had a little break up this year.  Forever overcommitted before the holidays, I decided for the sake of my sanity (and of those around me) that I simply would not stress myself out again trying to manage the volume of holiday baking that I usually push myself to do.  So for the first time in forever I just let it go, and Brent's office did not receive their annual cookie boxes that they've come to expect from me.  The only other thing I have to say about the situation is #sorrynotsorry.

I did still manage to steal some time here and there to bake small batches of treats for our friends, family, and guests because really, what's a holiday without baked goods?!  Without the added pressure of trying to do too much, I truly enjoy it.

Since I was breaking with tradition anyway, I also threw caution to the wind and tried almost all new recipes this year, keeping only everyone's favorite chewy ginger cookies and my own favorite, decorated sugar cookies.  Such a daredevil, I know.  Everything was awesome!  Chocolate Peppermint Blossoms, Key Lime Crackles, Chocolate Nutella Rugelach, Toasted Coconut Butter Cookies, and (not really pictured) Eggnog Cookie Squares.  Plus I threw in some left over Rice Krispie Treat Pops I made for JT's class party.  I completely love the snow covered sugar cookie tree idea I came up with this year.  So simple but really adorable.  Our close friends and neighbors each got a box of special treats, and the rest we kept for dessert after Christmas dinner.









So, who's up for dessert?


No comments: