Monday, June 8, 2015

Random #4

Lots of little things again, nothing big enough that deserves its own post.  Well, maybe everything deserves its own post, but I just don't have that kind of time.  Probably because I started physical therapy last month, and having to squeeze even one more thing in my life has made re-realize that I can't do everything at once.

In a nutshell,  I have a herniated disc in my neck which pinched a nerve that caused some muscle weakness in my arm and led to me compensating in weird ways that tightened up my rotator cuff.  Shockingly, cervical traction is fairly comfortable, and I am able to fall asleep in it every time, even though it's just for 10 minutes.  Except the time I had to bring Joseph, who sat there watching a movie and did not notice his father was strapped into a medieval torture device.



The really sad thing is that the therapist doesn't think I should be running for the foreseeable future, and I do miss it.  The elliptical machine at the gym just isn't the same.  At least when its nice outside I can bike on the C&O canal.



Teacher Appreciation week came and went.  I tried to make and decorate cookies to say 2,4,6,8 (as in, "who do we appreciate?!", but I waited too long and the icing never dried.  Epic fail, but my friends and neighbors still got to enjoy them.




Winter finally ended like, a week ago, and our pool is open for the summer!  It's even hot enough for Slurpees!  Oh, thank heaven for 7-11 :)



Joseph, despite all his moaning and groaning and complaining about having to go to tae kwan do, just earned his 3rd stripe on purple belt.  Hopefully one more stripe soon and he can belt test by the end of the month, then we just might be done for good.


Friends!  Our backyard continues to be kid central, and I wouldn't have it any other way.  To think, I was just wondering when we might be taking the swing set down (which has been up since Joseph's 2nd birthday!).  Jack is 8 and I had to miss his Angry Birds trampoline park party because of work, but Brent brought him, and I cannot get enough pictures of these 3 boys in the small-medium-large format.  Too freaking cute!  Also high on the cute meter was having both Ben and Chloe for a sleepover.  They were all absolute angels.  Not sure how that happened.





No comments: