Thursday, June 4, 2015

Nerd Alert

I am not one of those guys.  You know, the ones who still collect comic books and love superheroes and geek out over Lord of the Rings when they're 40.  But our neighbor, Bill (Ben and Chloe's dad), is, and he invited me and Joseph to join him when he was going back for a second day at Awesome Con last weekend.  Since it looks like I'm planning a Harry Potter themed birthday soon, I thought I might find something useful.



Luckily Bill is not into "cosplay."  (I didn't even know that was a real word until I started Googling images for Joseph's Gandalf costume.  I guess it's a mash up of "costume" and "role play"?)  Otherwise we might have gotten stuck at the prop weapons checkpoint.



I'd heard of Comic Con, but Awesome Con is more inclusive, I suppose.  In addition to superheroes, it's lots of Star Wars, Legos, video game characters, Doctor Who, etc.




After drooling over all the minifigs, Joseph and Ben both begged for Lego zombies.  Which actually exist.  They're both really into the game Plants vs. Zombies.



How can you resist those big, sweet eyes?  I was kind of hoping for a Plants Vs. Zombies birthday party, but no, he's adamant about Harry Potter.  Yet he didn't even remotely want these:


I wouldn't have minded this one. Arrow!  (Stephen Amell, anyone?)


No comments: