Thursday, June 25, 2015

Father's Day Fun

The highlight of my Father's Day this year could very well have simply been playing board games with my son (even though he crushed me in round after round of Candyland). Or maybe it was the surprise "Fudgy the Whale" Carvel ice cream cake from Joe Joe and Brent that I so fondly remember buying for my own father every year.




But then there was the gift of a visit and babysitting from Mimi so that Brent and I could go to dinner at Fiola Mare in Georgetown and then see The Book of Mormon for the first time at the Kennedy Center.




(Anyone notice how a taller person frames a picture of a shorter person compared to how a shorter person frames a picture of a taller person?)  The tickets were my birthday present from Brent in March, and the seats were fantastic.  More importantly, the show was beyond amazing, as was the view of the Potomac and Georgetown during intermission.



No comments: