Monday, May 4, 2015

Dolphin Discovery

Finally getting around to the last post about Mexico, and saving the best for last!  I generally prefer to go exploring on vacation, but everyone was enjoying the resort so much that it was hard to motivate them to leave it at all.  I would have loved to take Joseph to Tulum or Chichen Itza and show him some of the ancient Mayan stuff he learned about in 1st grade, but the only excursion everyone could agree upon doing together was swimming with the dolphins.  No argument from me!




We spent quite a long time in the pool with our pair of bottlenose dolphins, each taking turns through a variety of experiences.  Maia, Bill, Ben, and Chloe were with us, but they don't allow you to take pictures in the pool, so these are just some of the ones I purchased of our family.

First, a little kiss!





Then, a little dance.




I think they called this one a "pull."  




Boogie board push.  Amazing!




And lastly, a little face time.




I have always wanted to do something like this, and we figured Joseph was old enough to enjoy and appreciate it.  It was absolutely phenomenal for all of us! Afterwards we just hung out on the beautiful beach while waiting for the shuttle back to the Mayakoba.




We never did see any of the historical sites that I wanted to see, but here's a picture of me in Chichen Itza, from my first trip to Playa del Carmen with Brent waaaaaay back in 2001.  I found out they don't let you climb the pyramid anymore, so at least I got to do it back then!




No comments: