Sunday, May 17, 2015

Bayou Fete XII

The Louisiana Collegiate Coalition of DC hosts an annual crawfish boil, and we were finally able to make it this year!  Although I'm a northerner at heart, I've come to love Louisiana through Brent and his family, and consider it my home away from home.  Wanting to show my support, I went to borrow an LSU baseball cap from Brent, but oh my, how does one decide?


We have friends that have gone to or graduated from LSU, Tulane, Centenary, and Nicholls, but unfortunately the majority of them had schedule conflicts this year, so it was just us and the Brodigan clan.



By pooling their resources, the local alumni associations are able to host the biggest crawfish boil "east of the Florida parishes," 1500 miles from home.  They truck in 10,000 pounds of all-you-can-eat crawfish and serve it up just like they down south, along with corn, potatoes, tons of jambalaya, and desserts.  And 50 kegs of beer. Such great fun!












1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Geaux alton boys! Looks like a great day������luv Mimi