Thursday, February 5, 2015

Plus One

I have always loved the term "plus one" since first hearing it in an episode of Sex & the City oh so many years ago (for the record, it is season 5, episode 5, where Carrie doesn't have a date for her own book release party).  Really needing a night out and some face time with my bestie, I begged Missy to let me be her plus one when I heard her husband couldn't make it to a mutual friend's wedding last weekend.



The wedding was spectacular and it was an incredibly fun evening - just what I needed!  I do hope the happy couple won't be too cross with me if footage surfaces of me desperately trying to suppress a laugh when the groom's spiritual guide led us in group meditation.  I am apparently not mature enough to ground my feet, take deep cleansing breaths, and chant "I'm sorry, Please forgive me, Thank you, I love you" to the flowing energies of the universe 10 times in a row. 

Danny and Jennifer had some fun photo booth props set up, and had been hashtagging their own photos on social media with #dannifer.  Missy and I came up with a few of our own, but by the end of the night, we were certain #carlissy was trending on Twitter.  Not!  




No comments: