Monday, February 9, 2015

Flag Football

Following the Super Bowl, Joseph's classmate, Kit, had a football themed birthday party at a local YMCA.  I don't know how they were planning on playing football indoors, but the weather wound up being gorgeous over the weekend and the boys (yes, all boys only already!) got to play outside.  I don't think many of them had a real clue how to play, but they were quite adorable huddling up and going through the motions.  There were times where Joseph really got into the action.





And there were times where he could have not been more disinterested.



They also got to play a little dodgeball in a padded room inside.  All the while I had flashbacks of when I had a concussion in 3rd grade from playing dodgeball at school.  The ball hit my foot and I tripped, flying headfirst into the only cinderblock wall in the whole gym that didn't have a mat over it.    I was unconscious for the majority of the rest of the day, barely coming around when my mom came and got me and brought me to the ER for stitches.  (Nope, no ambulance or CAT scan back in the 70's).  I still have the scar on my forehead to show for it!



I'm not a big football fan, and in all honesty I don't think I've ever even heard of the Jacksonville Jaguars, but they have the same mascot as our school, and that's all that matters to an 8 year old.



Now I have heard of the Saints, of course, and it was no mistake that that was the helmet Joseph got in his favor bag.  Nicely done, Kit!




No comments: