Thursday, December 11, 2014

Radio City Christmas Spectacular

My parents have been waiting for Joseph to be old enough to take him to see the Christmas Spectacular show (starring the Rockettes!).  In retrospect, I was pretty surprised when I realized that in all my years growing up outside of NYC, I had never seen the show myself.  So Joseph, Brent and I all got to experience it for the 1st time together, compliments of Grammy and Grandpa!

The show was wonderful, and Joseph loved every minute of it - the 3D trip around the world in Santa's sleigh, all the song and dance numbers (the precision routine of the Parade of the Wooden Soldiers was pretty impressive), and the live nativity scene.









The weather, now that was not so wonderful.  It poured the entire day.  My brother (who hates the city) and my sister (who is in the middle of chemo) were not particularly feeling it, but we still made the best of the day, and had a fantastic dinner at the Palm before they headed back to NJ.




We stayed on for another night in NY, and got ourselves soaked walking around to hit a few more highlights.  Of course we had to see the tree and the skating rink in Rockefeller Center at night!  It's Christmastime in the city!







No comments: