Tuesday, December 16, 2014

My Two Front Teeth

You know the song: All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth, my two front teeth, my two front teeth....  Yesterday we got halfway there when Joseph lost another tooth at school, this time (obviously) one of his two front teeth.  The school nurse gave him this adorable little treasure chest that says "Tooth Saver" on the lid.




Since it was his 5th lost tooth, the Tooth Fairy retrieved it from his pocket pillow and replaced it with a $5 bill.  She also kindly let him keep the treasure chest but replaced the tooth with 5 gold stars.  I won't embarrass him by telling you how long it took for him to make all those connections with the number five.



This happens to be the infamous tooth that he bashed when he was 3 years old and jammed back up into the gums for a while.  Looks pretty familiar ;)  



I've been waiting all these years to see if the adult tooth was damaged in any way from that injury.  Guess we'll find out soon enough!  And for the record, that other front tooth is pretty wiggly too, so we really may be singing that song on Christmas!

1 comment:

Jolanda Warren said...

Do you know that those tooth-savers may come in mouse shapes too? They’re adorable and kids love them! Anyway, I guess Joseph didn’t get what he wanted for Christmas, which is his two front-teeth, since he lost them just a week before the holiday. Well, at least he got to have a $5 bill from his generous tooth-fairy. Cheers!

Jolanda Warren @ Buckhead Dentistry