Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Happy Holidays

In the past I have been a fan of holiday cards with multiple pictures and plenty of text, but I fell head over heels in love with the simplicity of last year's card and decided to stick with the same plan this year.  Foil stamped cards got my attention, but I was disappointed with the options at my go-to sites like Minted, Pear Tree Greetings and Tinyprints.  Surprisingly enough I found just what I was looking for at Shutterfly with a bold but simple sentiment, which arrived in their signature orange package.




Pictures of the card don't do justice to the lovely photos taken by Jenn, the talented mom of one of Joseph's classmates.  We both had the same idea for a photo shoot in the Peirce Mill area of Rock Creek Park. It turned out to be an unexpectedly freezing cold day, and as usual, 2 out of the 3 of us were not in the mood to take family portraits.  Right at the end, when we all had had enough, I spotted this area at the base of the bridge we had been walking over and thought it was a pretty cool angle.  Jenn agreed and we carried on, and we wound up with the money shot!


Because we were off center, we wound up covered in text in almost every card I liked.  Once I finally figured out how to flip the picture horizontally, I could use my favorite design!  On the back I included a pic of us crossing the same bridge.



Happy Holidays from The Alton Boys!

No comments: