Saturday, November 29, 2014

Thankful for Everything

Happy Thanksgiving!  


Due to our work schedules we stayed in town for the holiday this year, but we are fortunate enough to have the bestest of friends as neighbors who invited us to join their family feast.  I naturally insisted on providing dessert.  I'm not much of a pie baker, but pumpkin pie is a must on Thanksgiving. I really wasn't so sure if those leaves would still be recognizable after baking, but they turned out alright!  One thing I knew would turn out perfectly was my traditional caramel pecan tart, which Brent insists on every year.






Is this the most gorgeous kids' table ever?



One of their Thanksgiving traditions is anonymously writing down what you are thankful for and putting your paper in a jar, then after dinner they are read out loud.  It's obvious who wrote this one, and his sentiment is music to my ears.  I couldn't be any more thankful for having this sweetheart in my life.



No comments: