Friday, June 13, 2014

Smitten

It was a tough choice for June's cookie of the month.  I had some seriously delicious sounding recipes flagged, but in the end I went with one from the Smitten Kitchen blog for crisp salted oatmeal white chocolate cookies, and many people are glad I did.  I finally got to use this awesome sea salt my friend Jocelyn brought me back from Angelsey in Wales for something other than Ina Garten's salted caramel brownies (which, by the way, people would kill each other for.  They've been my signature dessert for the past year, and they always get rave reviews).




These are some B.I.G. cookies!  They are indeed crispy on the outside yet still delightfully slightly chewy inside.  The hint of sea salt was subtle but definitely noticeable.  I might be a little more heavy handed with the salt the next time I make them, and I will make them again, for sure.



My Joe Joe has yet to give any cookie a thumbs down.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy...save me 3. Luv mimi

Anonymous said...

Yummy...save me 3. Luv mimi