Thursday, June 19, 2014

Homework Super Star

First grade is winding down - only 2 days left! - and there were surely some highs and lows.  Remember "Homework Face?"  There was a time earlier on where Joseph tried to  claim his assignment was impossible, so I made him write a note to the teacher that said "I forgot all of my vocabulary words."  Fast forward to the end of the year, while doing double digit addition, he actually says to me "Remember back in the olden days when home work used to take me so long?"

Yes.  Yes, I do.

I couldn't be any more proud of the strides Joseph has made in reading and writing, and all the effort he put into his schoolwork.  



Of course they give these certificates out to every kid in class, but when they actually mean something, they're pretty special. 






No comments: