Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Lemon Coconut Cottontails

Posted just in time, before we head into May, is April's cookie of the month: lemon coconut cottontails. I saw the recipe on one of my favorite baking blogs, Bake at 350 (with the recipe itself on the Imperial Sugar website), and immediately "pinned" it.  It's a perfect springtime treat!  Huge scoops of cookie dough studded with lemon zest and coconut, drizzled with lemon glaze, and topped with more coconut.





The recipe said the cookies don't change much in shape during baking, so mine spread more than I expected.  I'm wondering if it's because I baked them in a convection oven?  It didn't change the taste, for sure.  Very subtle, but delicious.  I'm surprised how many people said lemon and coconut were their favorite things when I passed them out to friends and neighbors.  Joseph, as per usual, agreed wholeheartedly!




No comments: