Sunday, February 23, 2014

Double Stuffed

Continuing on with my plan to make a cookie of the month, for February I chose a recipe from the King Arthur Flour Cookie Companion for "faux-reo's," or fake Oreo's.  The recipe for the vanilla creme filling alone is worth its weight in gold, and I made sure to use quite a generous amount of filling in my version.






The online recipe is slightly different from the one in the book, which omits the espresso powder and calls for rolling the dough and using a 2 1/4" round cookie cutter.  These things were huge, but I haven't heard any complaints from anyone I gave them to.



Everyone has their own way of eating an Oreo.  I wasn't sure what Joseph would do, but he was a natural at twisting the halves apart to have one unadulterated chocolate cookie and direct access to the filling.  To each his own!





No comments: