Friday, January 24, 2014

Black & White

I'm not up for resolutions this year.  Instead, I'm a man with a plan.  I have so (so, so, so, SO) many cookbooks, especially those devoted to baking, that I decided to make a cookie of the month, using recipes I've never tried before.  The first one that caught my eye was Martha Stewart's mini black and white cookies.  I grew up outside of New York, and they were a staple of my childhood.



The recipe made only half the amount it stated, and there was absolutely no way to roll the cake-like dough into balls, so a mini ice cream scooper was a must.  Other than that, the only thing to decide is if you want to try the vanilla side first, the chocolate side first, or split your taste buds down the middle.



January's cookies were approved by my 6 year old.

No comments: