Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Carving Out Traditions

Joseph's friend Skyler's mom wanted to start a new tradition by hosting some of his friends over for a pumpkin carving party over the weekend.  I showed up ready to go with surgical gloves and power tools!  But mostly I just gutted the majority of the pumpkins and the kids did the rest of the work themselves.


Our many years of carving together must have prepared Joseph well.  He was a pro and carved the entire thing by himself (with Brent holding the pumpkin steady) while I helped some of other kids.  It's kind of frightening seeing him wield a knife like that!




Nick is the cutest kid and was such fun to work with.  Somehow people were able to tell I helped on this one just a tiny bit.



That's OK, I wasn't the only one getting my hands dirty.




They did such a great job!  Great tradition to start :)


Joseph could not wait to get his home and light it up!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great tradition...memories that J.T will always have...as well as all of us...thanks to FaceBook and Blogging...and of course you Carl for posting..xoxoxo. MiMi