Saturday, May 4, 2013

Fore!

I have been living in DC for coming up on 19 years now but it amazes me that there are still so many things that I've never done or never even knew existed.  Case in point, the mini golf course at East Potomac Park (not to mention the regular golf course and the public swimming pool in the same location).  And I've been right there at Haines Point and still not noticed people golfing.  Thankfully Joseph's classmate Brendan clued me in by having his 6th birthday party there.


Let's just say Joseph was not a natural at the sport, but he got a few pointers from Zara's dad, and no one lost an eye or got a concussion.




We probably only played about 4 or 5 holes, each one took so long!  Most of the kids had a blast just running all over the course and climbing on the structures anyway until there was cake.




I made the most of my time on crutches.



Interestingly enough, Joseph's favorite thing may very well have been the Angry Birds themed goody bag he got on the way home.



No comments: