Monday, May 27, 2013

Back in the Saddle

May has not been my best month for blogging.  My posts are so few and far between!  The big news is that it's finally been a full 3 months since my broken ankle surgery and I got the clearance from my doctor on Wednesday to get rid of the boot and start bearing weight again.  After 12 weeks of splint, then cast, then boot, and no standing at all, my bones are finally healed, and I literally just walked right out of there.

Not gracefully, of course.  It's definitely quite the Frankenstein gait, without the arms straight out in front.  But I came prepared with a matching set of running shoes, just to be optimistic.  I was even given clearance to start driving, so I mustered the courage to drive the whole 3/4 mile to pick Joseph up at school, with Brent in the passenger seat breathing the deepest sigh of relief ever that he no longer has to chauffeur me everywhere.



It's still easier for me to use my scooter at work until I've had a few weeks of physical therapy under my belt.  The morning of my 1st day back I went to grab some comfortable shoes, and oops! - it just so happened to be the pair they had to cut off me at the park when the ambulance arrived.  Never got around to replacing those shoelaces!  Hmm, I forgot about those brand new jeans they cut the leg off of....




1 comment:

Jocie Z ROCK said...

OMIGOSH that is insane finding those shoes .. the right side still preserved from the day that changed everything! so funny, i just decided tonight to get back in the saddle again on the blog thang!!!! great minds...