Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Pimp My Ride

The thought of being able to function effectively at work on crutches for 3 months was inconceivable, and so heeding the good advice of people in the know on such matters, I opted to get myself a neat little scooter.  My new ride, which I've had for a few weeks, is sweet!  

It's cherry red with sleek wheels,


has an adjustable handlebar with brakes,


a basket for all my medical equipment,


and pads to kneel on - complete with a warning to not use it on steps.  
Steps?!


I love it!
And I'm not the only one.



Now, speaking of scooters, I think this is more of what people had in mind when I said I was getting one.  I only brought my crutches to Texas, but they have these motorized scooters just lying around at the grocery stores for anyone to use!  We had a good time with it, and let me tell you, it's comfortable.  I'd love one!




                          video

(P.S. After that trip to the H.E.B., my entire family left me at home alone to make them dinner.  By myself.  On crutches.  While they played tennis.  No sympathy!)



(And P.P.S.  The most uncomfortable ride?  Has got to be a kid trying to sleep in a booster seat without a back.  That trip to Texas wore JT out and he was napping every chance he got.  It was the first time we tried to travel light, but I think were going to need the to bring the back to the booster every time.)


The big update: the purple cast is no more!  Finally got it off today with a report of good healing from the doctor.  Alas, I have some fancy new footwear and still have to stay off it for the next 6-8 weeks, but it's progress!





No comments: