Saturday, March 2, 2013

Do Not Pass Go

I know it's been kind of silent around here for a while, but there's really not much going on that's blog-worthy when I'm just sitting around with my foot elevated 24/7.  You won't hear any complaints from me about taking it slow for a change, and I definitely don't mind the time off from work, but yet I can't utilize it doing anything I love.  There's nothing wrong with watching movies, surfing the internet, reading magazines, visiting with friends, and napping as needed all day, but "no weight bearing" = no cooking, no baking, no quilting, no nothing!  It's like getting handed a "Go directly to jail" card in Monopoly.  But for me, as my friend Jocelyn pointed out, it's like when Martha Stewart went to jail.  But she did come out looking refreshed!



The worst part of all of this is how limited I am with what I can do with Joseph.  It's killing me that I won't be able to drop him off or pick him up at school for 3 whole months - almost the rest of the entire school year!  I can't see him play with all his friends, can't attend Tuesday open houses, can't take him to the park or for a bike ride if the weather is nice, can't bake cookies or muffins with him.  And oh how I miss peeking my head in his room to check on him before I go to bed, like I've been doing every night since the day he was born.

The best part of this?  The ridiculously overwhelming level of concern, love, and support from family and friends near and far.  It seems like every single person I've ever known has come to my rescue with offers of childcare, meal prep, errands, or just simply keeping me company during the long lonely days at home.  My mom came for a week and attended to my every need, cooking up 3 different kinds of pasta and stocking the freezer, and doing more laundry than imaginable.  Brent's mom is on the way today to answer the call of duty as well.  What have I done to deserve this?!  My heartfelt gratitude goes out to everyone!  XOXO

Now, with all of this free time I've been trying to be productive and have been working on a little something blog related that I've wanted to do for a long time, so stay tuned for more!



No comments: