Friday, March 8, 2013

46

On a recent play date, another boy's grandmother asked Joseph if he had any brothers or sisters.  With a straight face, he answered, "No.  But my Dad is really old."

Welcome to 46.


Aside from not being able to walk, I had a lovely birthday yesterday!  Had a leisurely morning, received countless calls, texts, emails, and Facebook posts throughout the day, enjoyed the company of Olga (who has been taking good care of me all week), finished The Hunger Games, had a surprise visit from the girls at work with balloons and a gourmet lunch, played a few rounds of Uno with Joe Joe after school, ventured out of the house for the first time and had an awesome sushi dinner with great friends at Passion Fin, got my most favoritest cake in the world (lemon with lemon buttercream!) from Heidelberg bakery......Oh, and I found out that I can indeed sew with my left foot.  And I got some pretty interesting presents....




Although 46 sounds pretty old to Joseph, I don't think it's such a big deal.  
I hardly feel a day over 45.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are the best patient Carl..it was a great week..I loved meeting Joseph's teacher and seeing all of the wonderful neighbors...It was great to share in the birthday celebration.XOXO MiMi