Sunday, January 27, 2013

Mustachioed

So....when exactly did mustaches become popular?  They are everywhere these days - greeting cards, wrapping paper, glassware, fabric, etc.  I was therefore not entirely surprised when I passed a "Wear a Mustache to School Day!" poster a few weeks back when dropping Joseph off one morning.  Is pajama day and crazy hair day not cool enough anymore?

However, all you need to do is give me a theme and I can run with it, so I had my sister-in-law send me the chocolate mustache lollipop mold she had used for my nephew's Super Mario Brothers birthday party a few years ago.  I thought the kids might get a kick out of them.


I must say, we got a kick modeling them at home, and the kids absolutely thought they were the funniest thing (and tastiest treat!) in the world.




I don't doubt that it must seem crazy to spend time making dozens of chocolate mustache lollipops for a pack of kindergarteners, but anything that makes Joseph laugh so much and smile so big that his eyes get all squinty is more than worth every second of my time.  I love being a crafty daddy!


Addendum:  I kid you not, just 2 days after publishing this post, a catalogue arrived in the mail that contained the following page.  Look at all this crazy mustache related stuff!  For kids!!  They are charging $10 for 3 mustache lollipops, and since I sent 30 of them in to school, someone out there owes me $100.


1 comment:

Jocie Z ROCK said...

this is awesome!! love that you added the page from the catalogue.. and love the shot of YOU with the FACE! hahaha thanks to JOJO s daddy we got awesome mustaches and won the school's admiration