Sunday, December 30, 2012

Busy Baker

Around this time of year my oven virtually never cools down, and I lose track of how much butter, flour, sugar, and eggs I blow through.  I wouldn't have it any other way!  Homemade cookies have a way of making people very happy :)

I don't have much experience with gingerbread, but between our cookie decorating party and Joseph's preschool party I made more gingerbread cookies than I knew what to do with.


Cake pops are always a crowd pleaser, and the big batch I made served double duty: as treats for my office party (along with a giant tray of The Barefoot Contessa's "Outrageous Brownies") and as one of the many treats in Brent's office party cookie boxes.


Ditto the double duty on these Oreo snowman cookie pops I discovered on Pinterest:  treats for Joseph's preschool party and another addition to Brent's office cookie boxes.  They were cute enough on their own but all the more ridiculously adorable wrapped up with a tiny felt scarf!  They were a massive hit all around and could not have been simpler.



Sugar cookies!  I love making and decorating sugar cookies!  No fondant covering this year, instead sticking with the traditional royal icing.  Keeping it limited to one design made it easier to mass produce.




My chewy ginger cookies have developed a cult following all their own, and I would be in big trouble if I ever tried to skip a year without them.  Mexican hot chocolate cookies, cherry walnut rugelach, and pumpkin bread also made the short list again this year.  



12 individual boxes full of a variety of treats all ready to go for Brent's office party!  Such a shame he miscounted and really needed 13.  Never fear, there are always extra cookies around here, as I make plenty to also share with friends, neighbors, teachers, and anyone else who just needs a little something sweet.  

And lucky me, I just may have gotten a few more baking cookbooks for Christmas!  Maybe I should start a "cookie of the month club" in the new year.  Now there's a resolution worth keeping!

1 comment:

Tambourine said...

Oh my goodness, this all looks delicious and amazing! I am jealous of everyone that got to eat them!