Saturday, November 3, 2012

To the moon and back

I'm a sucker for the "Guess How Much I Love You" book, when Big Nutbrown Hare says to his sleepy son, "I love you to the moon......and back."  Right after I kiss him goodnight I still tell Joseph I love him every night.  He always replies with "I love you more," and I always counter with "I love you the most."  Then when his little 5 year old outer space obsessed mind comes up with some variation of "I love you to the moon and back and around the sun and all the planets and stars and the whole universe and to infinity and beyond!" there is only one thing I can say when he tells me he wants me to make him an astronaut costume for Halloween, WITH. A. JET. PACK.  I say yes.



There are so many details I just love!





He looked amazing, and more importantly, he absolutely loved it!



He still loved it, even after the first time he tried on the jet pack and excitedly asked "So now I can really fly?!" and I had to say no.  He never asked for a functional jet pack.

No comments: