Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Our First Trip to the ER


This is most definitely the X-Ray of a broken wrist.  The ER doctor described it as being "shattered." The head of the radius is clearly fractured and compressed, but I wouldn't say it actually looks that bad. But it's not my wrist.

Grammy and Grandpa came down from NJ for the weekend.  Right before leaving my mom fell in the garage.  Like any tough Italian lady, she cleaned her bloody and bruised self up and got in the car, determined not to miss her grandson's birthday party.  When she arrived 3 hours later, Brent and I took one look at it and said, "Yup, that's broken alright."
  


After a  relatively quick trip to the ER and a short stint in a medieval torture device, Mom was in a temporary splint and good to go.  She'll have to see an orthopedist when she gets home


Not sure what I'll do once Joseph finally breaks something.  Hopefully I can be as calm and resourceful  :)

No comments: