Thursday, March 15, 2012

45. It's the new 44.

I generally seem to be a bit late mentioning my own birthday on our family blog.  Not intentional!  Age has just never mattered that much to me so I don't make a big deal out of birthdays.  But everyone is always so sweet to me, so it's hard not to feel special!  Since I had to work, my staff got me a cake and balloons during lunch.  


After work Brent took me to Rosa Mexicano for an awesome dinner AND got my favorite lemon buttercream cake from Heidelberg Bakery in Arlington.


As if that wasn't enough, my birthday celebration got extended for a few more days when Missy had us over for lunch on Saturday and baked some delicious lemon coconut cupcakes.  Those kids tried to steal my thunder, but I still made a wish on that last candle anyway.



2 comments:

puppyfur said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

Nadeen said...

Awesome!! What a lovely celebration! Just did the math. I have known you since you were 29!! Yikes