Monday, January 2, 2012

Down Home Cooking

Always one of the best things about a visit down south?  The food!  So much so that I forced myself to go running almost every day on vacation just to get ahead (with, by the way, my very cool new Nike + gear from Olga & Glenn that tracks your workouts.  I otherwise never would have known 1 full loop around their gated community was 2.7 miles).  Too many good cooks in the family all too eager to feed a crowd!

Bo's contribution: a full on Christmas feast with turkey, ham and all the fixings, including his famous rolls - the best ever! - and way too many desserts to count.



Olga's contributions: almost every other meal!  Shrimp stew. Stuffed pork tenderloin.  But she's most famous to me for her white beans and my absolute hands down most favorite potato salad in the world.



Big Glenn's contribution: fried oysters and grilled sausage stuffed jalapeno peppers.




My contribution?  Prep work, salad making, clean up, and at little Glenn's request (as always) a big old pot of my mom's meatballs and spaghetti sauce ("gravy," as we call it in Jersey).  Not even remotely southern, but it was gone in a flash and got rave reviews from many.

Little Glenn's contribution?


A hearty appetite.

2 comments: