Sunday, January 15, 2012

Abbondanza!

Abbondanza is an Italian word meaning abundance or "plenty."  (It also happens to be the slogan of some frozen pizza company from my childhood which I can hear in my head today the same as if I had just heard it yesterday.  They must have placed those commercials a lot.)  When Mom visits, abbondanza is always the case.  Although I am a pretty darn good cook if I do say so myself, she still brings enough food to feed an army.  This time she also brought giant artichokes perfect for stuffing, one of my favorite things my mom makes.





We were also treated to a tray of baked ziti and a big pot of "gravy" (spaghetti sauce with meatballs).   It is simply The. Best. Meal. Ever.  I try and try and try to make it myself, and it's pretty good, but it's never quite there.  Maybe I just need another 30 years of experience making it weekly.



Speaking of abundance, there was plenty of time well spent with Grandpa as well.  Two big boys watching the Giants on TV, playing Angry Birds, reading books and playing games.



1 comment:

Jocie Z ROCK said...

oh wow do i love artichokes like that!!! now can i learn if from you?? i usually just boil mine... anyway.. i loved your parents! love the pic of joseph under blankie with grandpa