Thursday, December 22, 2011

Blood, Sweat and Cardstock

I'm not quite sure how this happened (um, Missy???) but I've become a total nutcase these past few years when it comes to paper products.  Invitations, thank you cards, and the most important of them all, the annual holiday card.  I scour websites for hours looking for something that I haven't done before that strikes me as unique.

This year there was added stress because we hadn't done any recent portraits to use in the card once I found it.   I took one good one of Joseph in the backyard (despite the giant tattoo Brent put on his hand that morning) but we never got around to getting a family picture.


I finally found a card I loved at Pear Tree Greetings.  The option that used a single picture required a horizontal photo, wouldn't you know, so I wound up choosing this version instead and turning it into a mini "year-in-review" type card with multiple photos.



Even though I knew what the card looked like in the end I failed to anticipate how much extra work was involved in the process.  Fold 4 edges, insert ribbon, tie bow, refold and tuck, stuff into envelope, repeat more than 100 times.  But it was worth the effort as everyone got a special little package of their own from The Alton Boys!


1 comment:

missy said...

i'll happily take the blame if i converted you into the paper lover you are now! nothing is more fun than planning our christmas cards and invitations together. :) love you and hope you all had a wonderful christmas down south! xo