Monday, October 31, 2011

Carving (and a little bit of drilling)

I have been so busy with our costumes and prep work for our preschool party today that I thought I was going to run out of time to carve some decent pumpkins this year. I never got around to searching for new patterns so the designs were chosen by Brent and Joseph from pages left over from the last few years' books. I had to bang these out last night since I'd be working all day today. Luckily I had a good little helper so it went a lot faster than I thought it would. (No, seriously, he was a great pumpkin guts scraper!)



Plus, when short on time, bring out the big guns! Drilling holes make quick work of all the little intricate details. Believe it or not, the inspiration for using power tools came from the one and only Martha Stewart herself. Joseph thought it was totally cool.


So here they are, in the nick of time, "The Owl" and "The Spooky Tree."


3 comments:

Rgutro said...

Hi guys- my partner and I came across your blog and enjoyed reading about your adventures from the Alamo to Halloween. What talented jack-o-lantern makers! Joseph is very fortunate to have such great dads. We have 3 canine children- and we also live in the DC area! Thanks for sharing your blog. What a great family you make! Sincerely, Rob and Tom

Anonymous said...

Great pumpkin..JoeJoe is too cute...miss you guys...hugs MiMi

Milli said...

Amazing pumpkin carving! How creative you are.