Monday, August 8, 2011

Herring Cove

You can't go to Cape Cod without hitting the beach often. There are so many beautiful areas on the National Seashore but Herring Cove holds a special place in my heart, as I spent countless summer weekends there with great friends throughout my many years living in Boston. It's a very family oriented beach and it's touted as being the most spectacular place on the entire Cape to watch the sun set. Not that we got a chance to watch the sun set there this trip.


Enlarge the picture below - the sign says "carry it in, carry it out." Gladly they weren't talking about our almost 50 pound child!



I just love when a bird flies right into my picture and it looks like its there on purpose! The pics below are the views in both directions from the top of the path through the dunes.



I can't say how much I cherished sharing this beautiful place with my son for the 1st time. The other kids all had a field day, each in their own way. Wyatt chilled on the dunes while Jesse jumped from them like a stuntman. Very different personalities, those two.




Last time we did this trip my friend Lance made crazy matching necklaces for us all to wear. This time he brought floppy sun hats.





Brent was a good sport wearing it for a few pictures. He's much more proper than that. Lance, on the other hand, is a nut. It's one of the many, many reasons I love my best friend!

No comments: