Thursday, March 24, 2011

Audubon Aquarium Adventure

I love that a 7 day vacation can give me enough to (intermittently) blog about for weeks. Hope you feel the same....

We spent the last 2 days of our Louisiana trip in New Orleans to enjoy the city once the madness of Mardi Gras was over. We wanted to take Joseph to the great aquarium and zoo they have. Maybe it's the Pisces in me, but I love me a good aquarium.


I especially love when they have a walkway through a giant tank and you can watch the fish, turtles, and in this case stingrays swim over your head.



In another area they had a stingray petting pool!



I'm a big fan of seahorses for some unknown reason.


And I also love the giant underground tanks where it's dark and quiet and cool and you can just lose yourself in the serenity. Except for when the shark is swimming right toward you. Even Joseph ducked.


Aquariums bring out the big kid in everyone!



1 comment:

Jocie Z ROCK said...

the aquarium pics are truly great! wow .. the Joseph in the tire video is so funny and cute how he never really shouts of for help, he is one tough cookie! Love the pics of the them on the green slide too for st patty's day. so nice!!! btw, your cupcakes totally rock out georgetown cupcakes although me loves those gtown ones!