Thursday, February 3, 2011

Wonder Breads

Some days I sound like a broken record at work. Especially when I'm asked what to do about the "picky eater."

Some of my words of wisdom:
1. If you find something your kid likes, offer them the healthiest version there is. So if they'll eat pasta, give them spinach filled ravioli, or if they like bread, give them carrot or zucchini bread. It's not deceptive, it's delicious.
2. Involve your kids in the cooking process. They'll see that "gross" foods can turn into yummy treats. And I would rather know what goes into the food I feed my kid anyway.


Joseph would never willingly put a carrot in his mouth, but he loves to help me bake and sure can eat the heck out of our carrot muffins. And pumpkin bread, and zucchini bread too.

1 comment:

mimi said...

Looks like JoeJoenis following in his dads footsteps...yea another good cook...luv and hugs MiMi