Monday, February 14, 2011

Will you be mine?

I'm a big fan of homemade valentines (for kids, of course) but couldn't pass up a great deal on some seriously cute personalized cards from tinyprints. But to satisfy the crafty need in me we set out to decorate the envelopes during our long weekend alone indoors. Tissue paper, Elmer's glue, some stampers - doesn't get much easier than that.




OK, it was the low point of the day for Joseph, but it got done.
Here are the 2 different cards we used:





Any perfectionists wondering why his name isn't centered should know I just photoshopped out his last name. Oh, who am I kidding? Missy is the only one who would notice that. (Love you, Mis!)

We also made some chocolate lollipops for his sweethearts and packed everything up for a brief appearance at school today. We risked the germs to deliver the goods - true love, for sure.



Hope everyone had a happy Valentine's Day!

3 comments:

LiEr said...

Hello Carl, Brent and Joseph!
Thought I'd stop by and say happy Valentine's Day to everyone! I wish I could say that I'm a regular reader of altonboys, but I've only just come for a visit between the washing-of-dinner-dishes and the folding-of-the-laundry. I love that photo of Joseph being not-very-enthusiastic about making his valentines. My middle daughter has had that look a lot recently! We did the supermarket-bought variety of valentines this year, so I love seeing what other people make to give out to friends. Vicarious handmade-ness, I call it. I love what you did with yours, especially those chocolate hearts. Yum.

Joseph: you don't know me, but I want to say I think you were very brave in the hospital and I hope you're all better now!

sandra said...

hello, I love your blog, I read an entry that was written that made paddles of chocolate, I love, I wonder if I can say as you did, I do not speak English so what I write is through good translator jajajaja I hope you pass by my blog and I eat thanks hello, I love your blog, I read an entry that was written that made paddles of chocolate, I love, I wonder if I can say as you did, I do not speak English so what I write is through good translator jajajaja I hope you pass by my blog and I eat thanks

Jodi said...

These have got to be some of the cutest valentines I have ever seen!