Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Giving Tree

Once there was a tree.....and she loved a little boy.
And the boy loved the tree....very much.
And the tree was happy.


Oh, how we love that book! I couldn't help but think of it when we returned from a bike ride (in the glorious weather!) today and starting collecting all the branches that had fallen during the recent storms. It reminded me how the tree had offered up her branches for the boy to build a house with so he could be happy.

Seeing the pile of sticks also reminded me of another favorite tale of ours, "The Three Little Pigs." There are parts that Joseph "reads" to us. When we say the little pig met a man with a bunch of sticks, Joseph chimes in with "Please, man, give me dem sticks to build me a house. Please? And he said yes."

This next one reminds me of Max in "Where the Wild Things Are." Gosh, just picking up a bunch of sticks had so many meanings to me. What's that about?


After all that hard work we just laid in the grass and basked in the sunshine. Tomorrow's supposed to be even nicer!


No comments: