Monday, February 7, 2011

G is for....

....Giraffe! I found this really cute fabric at Zooks when we were up in Amish country seeing Thomas and thought it would be perfect for a special little baby I knew was on the way.


I had always wanted to make a quilt using solid colors on a dark background, and babies are drawn to high contrast. This is probably the closest I'll ever get - I had to throw some white in there to keep it bright.



All packed up and ready to be shipped out. Turns out G is also for....


....Greyson! Congratulations Aimee and Akil! And thanks for picking a name that starts with G. Guess it was meant to be. If all goes well it should have arrived today.

That's 1 sewing project for the year done, 11 more to go.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The quilt is beautiful!! Thanks so much, we love it.

Greyson, Aimee, and Akil

Hollie Reese said...

Wow! Nice work...I still can't sew a button on!

mimi said...

Great work Carl!

The Houston's said...

That quilt is precious!! However, it does not make me want to have another baby just to receive another one. :)