Wednesday, January 5, 2011

"Time in a Bottle"

Last Christmas my mom requested that I make her a quilt for this Christmas to hang over the couch in her family room. No guidelines whatsoever outside of a general color palette including some browns and reds along with a yellow to coordinate with the walls and furniture. The quilt is made up of the double hourglass block, hence the name. I used an online tutorial from Cluck Cluck Sew. Pretty foolproof. And pretty if you ask me.


The back was pieced together from all the leftover fabrics so I wouldn't have to add to my "stash," and the hanging sleeve at the top was made from all these little pieces leftover from constructing the blocks.




Joseph seemed to like it. Hopefully Mom does too. I also made sure to include my favorite "invisible" quilt hanging system. Can't wait to see how it looks in the room!

No comments: