Saturday, January 1, 2011

1.1.11

HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM OUR HAPPY FAMILY!







Another GREAT round of family portraits from our photographer, Erica Land. We are always so thrilled with the results and have a hard time narrowing down which is the perfect picture to order, so I just order tons of them! The ones of Joseph are always the toughest, as I want to capture every single expression his sweet little face ever makes, good, bad, goofy, and even grouchy. This year Erica made me a disc and gave me permission to use them on our blog, and I'm so happy to be able to share more of them with you than made this year's holiday card (which she made for us too).

Well, it wouldn't be New Year's without a mention of resolutions, right? I did pretty well with last year's. I read a book 10 out of the past 12 months (no way I was reading in July what with all the self inflicted insanity surrounding Joseph's birthday, and by December I finally just bailed) and tried way more than 1 new recipe a week (sometimes even 3 or 4!).

This year I'm running with the idea of devoting time to things I enjoy but often get pushed to the back burner when time is short. So:
1. I'll aim to complete 12 new sewing projects this year, 1 for each month. Not necessarily quilts, and not necessarily 1 project in each month, but 12 completed projects nonetheless.
2. I will finally print this blog! The software has been downloaded from Blurb.com for months, and I'm eager to push the publish button!
3. I desperately want to start making dvd's out of all the 1 minute "snippet" videos of Joseph's life that have been accumulating over the years.

Hope you've had a happy new year too!

No comments: