Monday, November 22, 2010

"The Feast"

They have been talking about "The Feast" since day 1 of preschool. Something to look forward to for Thanksgiving, another party for the kids to enjoy. All the parents had to sign up for an item to provide. I signed up for dessert. Duh. Okay, I wrote my name in for two desserts. I showed restraint. There were 3 spaces.

Shocking, there are still people out there who have never heard of cake balls. How is that possible? It is my personal responsibility to make sure everyone gets to try one. Red velvet, of course. Only the best for Joe Joe's class.


Since it was Thanksgiving I also made pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.


Mini cupcakes for the little squirts. Same size as the cake balls! So cute!


But there was so much batter that I made some regular sized ones for the teachers and parents too.


So I sent in 4 dozen cake balls, about 4 dozen mini cupcakes, and a dozen and a 1/2 regular cupcakes too. (Oh, and at the last minute found out no one was providing turkey, so I sent pigs in blankets made with turkey franks.) For a class of 12 kids.

And the platters came home empty.
Wish I could have gone, but that darned real job of mine gets in the way.

4 comments:

Honey said...

WOW!!!! I think every teacher in the future will be hoping to have Joseph in their class! One day I want a lesson on making cake balls. It is way harder than it looks. Happy Turkey Day.

Hollie Reese said...

That is amazing! I want the recipe!!

Jocie Z ROCK said...

as someone who actually got to taste all of your treats..they were superb andtasted even better than they looked if that is at all possible... LOVEd the Turkey rolls BTW, we loved them all and SOOO appreciative, love zara's mom

Karin said...

Oh my! I had forgotten all your talents in the kitchen I can smell the treats from here. And top notch presentation (to quote you, "duh")! Lucky little preschoolers!
Miss you boys!
Karin